- Careers Advice
- Educational Visits
- Exams and GCSEs
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Further Education
- Key Stage 3
- Key Stage 4
- Library and Reading
- Map of Site
- OBHS Award
- Staff Directory 2018/19
- Student Leadership and Responsibilities
- Useful Websites
- Homework – the non-negotiables:
- Homework – what can I expect? How much? How often? What will it be like?
- Enriching and Extending your learning experience beyond the classroom:
- Student Homework Resources
- Homework – what you must do:
- make sure you have your school planner with them every day at school;
- write your homework tasks into your planner, noting the due date;
- regularly check Go4Schools for homework set;
- set aside enough time to complete your homework;
- complete all homework tasks to the best of your ability;
- actively seek support from your teacher/parent/carer if you do not understand a homework task;
- hand in your homework on the due date, or to the teacher as soon after as possible if you are absent.
It is an expectation that all students will complete all set homework to the best of their ability at all times and hand in to their subject teacher by the specified deadline.
Failure to complete/hand-in homework:
1. You will be given a 24-hour extension (at the teacher’s discretion).
2. Break/ lunchtime detention with subject teacher.
3. Break/ lunchtime detention with Curriculum Leader.
4. After school detention.
Repeated failure (3+ times) by a student to hand in homework and meet the specified deadline will result in the Subject Teacher/Curriculum Leader contacting parents directly.