How we’ve helped the school
We have continued to fundraise by way of raffles, attending concerts and the annual production, selling food and refreshments, as well as pop up sales in school at Christmas and Easter. Thanks to the support from students, staff and parents we have managed to purchase various items for school. Since January here are what the monies raised have been spent on:-
- £230 for a Lego Mindstorm Kit for the Science Department
- £35 Lawn Tennis annual subscription – PE Department
- £350 contribution to the purchase of a GoGoHare and the resources towards it – Art Department
- £380 for 2 x exam reader pens for use by students in examinations
- £140 for 2 x sewing machines – Technology Department
- £250 donation to the Year 11 prom
Without our efforts purchase of some of these would not have been possible.
We are always happy to see new faces – even if you can only help out at the odd event during the year and we welcome any ideas for fundraising events!
Our members are all parents. The current team are:
Lisa Groom (Chair), Pip Hoddy-Brown (Vice-Chair), Clare Lamberti (Treasurer), Jakki Cunningham (Secretary), Maria Cooke, Sharon Ford, Yvonne Davey, Emma Colby, Cheryl Turburville, Shirley Abbott
If you would like to contact the Friends or would like to join our friendly team, please use the following email address: email@example.com