Our school has a strong tradition of providing excellent extra-curricular activities for students to participate in, particularly Drama, Music and Sport.
Details of fixtures and weekly club meetings can be found in our student weekly bulletin.
- Sports include: Sports Leaders, archery, athletics, badminton, basketball, cheer-leading, cricket, fencing, football, hockey, kayaking, netball, rounders, rugby, table-tennis, tennis, trampolining,
- Music includes: junior and senior jazz bands, choir, school band, music theory, an annual musical stage production and termly concerts
- Year 7 & 8 Drama Club
- Literacy Assistants, Student Librarians and Carnegie Book Shadowing Group
- Numeracy Assistants
- Environment Support Group - encouraging staff and students alike to be more environmentally aware of issues including recycling and ensuring all classroom have a recycling bin.
- Year 10 & Year 11 Anti Bullying Ambassadors are trained to support students who have concerns regarding bullying. This scheme is linked to the Diana Award. The group meets regularly to discuss issues and support students where needed.
- Inter-House competitions take place in Football, Netball, Basketball, Athletics and Music.
- More 2 Life Group
The school provided extra learning opportunities for students who wanted to attend extra informal lessons in Maths, English, DT, Science, Art. These classes were run from Oct-Mar in 2019/2020.