All students at OBHS must:
- ensure that they have their school planner with them every day at school;
- write their homework tasks into their planner, noting the due date;
- regularly check Go4Schools for homework set;
- set aside sufficient time to complete their homework;
- complete all homework tasks to the best of their ability;
- actively seek support from their teacher/parent/carer if they do not understand a homework task;
- hand in their homework on the due date, or to the teacher as soon after as possible if they are absent.
It is an expectation that all students will complete all set homework to the best of their ability at all times and hand in to their subject teacher by the specified deadline.
What will happen if my child misses a deadline or does not complete their homework?
1. Students will be given a 24-hour extension (at the teacher’s discretion).
2. Break/ lunchtime detention with subject teacher.
3. Break/ lunchtime detention with Curriculum Leader.
4. After school detention.
Repeated failure (3+ times) by a student to hand in homework and meet the specified deadline will result in the Subject Teacher/Curriculum Leader contacting parents directly.