Teachers see parents support as invaluable, particularly when it comes to learning outside of the classroom. Having high expectations of your children when it comes to the completion of homework is a key step in our joint aim to develop independent and resilient life-long learners.
Please make sure that you:
- check their child’s planner every week and assist their child with planning and organising the completion of their homework;
- provide their child with a suitable learning environment in which to complete their homework – a clear space at the kitchen table, a small desk if space allows, for example;
- look at their child’s exercise books and support their child’s learning by helping them to act on the comments and next steps from teachers;
- encourage and monitor homework and inform their child’s teacher if an issue arises;
- sign their child’s planner at the end of each week.