Our aim at OBHS is to develop resilient, ambitious, life-long learners and we see the setting and completion of homework as an important element of this.
Homework is important to learning because it:
- offers opportunities to research or prepare for new learning;
- offers opportunities to practise skills learnt/acquired in class;
- enables students to recap, revise and consolidate learning;
- maximises the efficient use of teacher time in lessons
- promotes an independent approach to learning which is key to students achieving well;
- develops students’ effective time management and good organisational skills;
- offers students additional opportunities to succeed;
- reinforces the value of studying and lifelong learning.
To support students in organising their learning they are issued with an Old Buckenham High School Planner. In addition to all homework being set on Go4Schools. Students are expected to make a note of their homework and the deadline in their planner. Parents/carers are encouraged to check their child’s planner regularly for homework, to sign weekly and use the planner as a method of communication with the school.